Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Talking with Bruce about Episodic Memory, Brain Damage, and Spiritual Healing with Pineal Gland

 

The Pineal Gland connects the 2 hemispheres of the brain, so a clogged/calcified pineal gland = difficulty in thinking, comprehension, focus, and overall lower IQ levels.consciousx.blogspot.com  https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=VsU%2bPOMC&id=A6490C9D951FF0FFB3848C3436400EE3AEEC021D&thid=OIP.VsU-POMCAM_mzwnHacgeQQEREs&q=pineal+gland&simid=608010875017167761&selectedIndex=28&ajaxhist=0


The research in this blog was saved from one of my discussion question in college. I saved this information because it's relevant to my theory that strengthening the pineal gland and spirit can help the brain overcome damage in ways that physical things may not be able to. Next, information to support my theory will be presented.

Socrates said "our true self is our soul" instead of our station in culture or the possessions we may own as other Athenians believe, and I wish for them to know that the state of our soul or inner being determines the quality of our life (Academy of Ideas, 2013, 2min 33sec). Socrates also said I have always relied on the voice of my internal oracle or daimon who has never failed to warn me of impending danger. "The oracle made no sign of opposition, either when I was leaving my house in the morning, or when I was on my way to the court, or while I was speaking...and yet I have often been stopped in the middle of a speech, but now in nothing. What do I take to be the explanation of this silence?..what has happened to me is a good" (The Daemon Page, n.d.para.7). The "inner oracle" does, indeed, seem to be connected to the soul.



Rene Descartes said that I ascertain that the body and soul are separate and call it dualism (The School of Life, 2015). In regards to the soul, "there is a certain part of the body where it exercises its functions more particularly than in all the others. […] The part of the body in which the soul directly exercises its functions is...rather the innermost part of the brain, which is a certain very small gland situated in the middle of the brain's substance" (Skirry, n.d., para.26). There are, indeed, times when I became irritable upon the questioning of my unfinished theories. To this I reply, “how can the soul move the body if it is in no way material, and how can it receive the forms of corporeal objects? The most ignorant people could, in a quarter of an hour, raise more questions of this kind than the wisest men could deal with in a lifetime; and this is why I have not bothered to answer any of them" (Lokhorst, 2013, para.5). "Lastly, as regards the soul and the body together, we have only the notion of their union, on which depends our notion of the soul’s power to move the body, and the body’s power to act on the soul and cause its sensations and passions" (Skirry, n.d., para.48). The pineal gland and its care is the link that latches the body and soul and the way to connect dualism.

 
I believe that learning and thinking methods are affected by physical surroundings, biological makeup, and spiritual awareness. "In proposing the concept of unconscious inference, Helmholtz helped make it clear that many cognitive processes occur outside conscious awareness" (Robinson & Robinson, 2012, p.6). Helmholtz may have meant biological conscious awareness; however, I believe that our "imaginary friends" whether one chooses to call them Ancestors or angels give us advice that most people are not consciously aware of hearing as well as biological processes.

The conceptual approach that works best with world view is the information-processing approach. In this approach information is encoded and stored for later use and retrieval in the brain's neural networks (Robinson & Robinson, 2012). The neuron is the brain's basic processing unit that electrically transmits information (Robinson & Robinson, 2012). The brain can be subdivided into the mid-brain, hind-brain, and fore-brain (Robinson & Robinson, 2012). Since memories would come back to me in a flash after the traumatic brain injury that I experienced because it feels like information in my neural networks was suddenly retrieved.

King states that "the general rule that the brain does not produce new neurons is not universal. For example, the dentate gyrus, a tiny subregion of the hippocampus involved in episodic memory, produces new neurons continuously. But 99% of the brain does not do this" (King, n.d., para.6). Episodic memory is the ability to associate things like the way a person felt at a certain time in their memory (Zimmerman, 2014). Since my memory flashes definitely involved the way I felt, I believe that this part of my brain healed which explains my inability to comprehend math even though other brain function has been re-learned. Since many of my flash backs are of a spiritual nature that concern things that happened in the short amount of time that I was dead, I am convinced that the spirit is a huge part of our being and that not caring for our spirit is detrimental to human beings.


"Bruce!!! U'll be proud of my intelligence in bringing spirit into psychology read this" i hollered at my friend.
 

"Hmmm... I also wonder if those 'comments' in our genetic code is actually information about our creator and/or ancestors? As you may know genetic code is written in a number system with base 4 - with only 4 digits: 0, 1, 2 and 3 - the ATCG code. This means that is a machine code. Most part of this code is 'commented' i.e. is never executed..." he replied.
 

"Michael Tsarion says that some genetic codes were disconnected because the first model of humans was too smart for the geneticist who made us" i offered as he disappeared back to his game. Of course, Bruce thinks my theory makes no sense,  but i shall persevere.
 
 


References
Academy of Ideas. (30 March, 2013). Socrates: The Man and His Life. Academy of Ideas. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2wM4pApOtM

King, Paul.(n.d.). How does the brain repair/rewire itself after a stroke or traumatic braininjury? Quora. Retrieved from https://www.quora.com/How-does-the-brain-repair-rewire...

Lokhorst, Gert-Jan. (2013). Descartes and the Pineal Gland. Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. Retrieved from http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/pineal-gland/

Robinson-Riegler, B., & Robinson-Riegler, G. (2012). Cognitive psychology: Applying the science of the mind (3rd ed.). Boston, MA: Allyn & Bacon.

Skirry, Justin. (n.d.). René Descartes:The Mind-Body Distinction. Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy: a Peer-Reviewed Academic Source. Retrieved from http://www.iep.utm.edu/descmind/

The Daemon Page. (n.d.). Socrates and the Daemon. The Daemon Page. Retrieved from
http://daemonpage.com/socrates-daimon.php

The School of Life. (11 Sept, 2015). Philosophy - René Descartes. The School of Life. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAjWUrwvxs4

Zimmermann, Kim A. (25 Feb, 2014). Episodic Memory: Definition and Examples. Live Science. Retrieved from http://www.livescience.com/.../43682-episodic-memory.html

No comments:

Post a Comment